Advanced Balancing AC/DC Charger
Built on the proven features of the Onyx 230
Balances each cell for maximum voltage and longer life!
There are a lot of chargers out there. But there's only one that started with the design of R/C Car Action's 2010 Readers' Choice Award winner — and went it one better: the Onyx 235.
The Onyx 235 improves on the features of the proven 230 with balancing and other extras drivers have asked for. The additions make the model 235 the most versatile Onyx charger yet and a great buy for every modeler.
- Balances and charges up to 4 LiPo, LiIon and LiFe cells and peak charges up to 10 cell NiCd and NiMH cells.
- Charges all packs at up to 8A — and lithium packs at up to 4C!
- Detachable AC and DC cords reduce tabletop clutter, but leave power options open.
- Balances lithium cells with +/- 5mV accuracy — and ensures maximum voltage in each one.
- Features push buttons and audible cues for simple setup — and 10 battery memories for instant recall and customized results.
- Protects packs with an automatic safety timer — and itself with reverse polarity and current overload circuitry.
- Built-in fan kicks in automatically, to keep heat down and performance high.
The Model 235 is the most versatile Onyx charger to date. With charge rates of 0.1-8A, it's the right choice for nitro and electric cars and boats, as well as transmitter and receiver packs. It peak charges up to 10 NiCd or NiMH cells, balances and charges up to 4 lithium cells (including LiFeSource LiFe packs) and includes adapters for the five most common battery connectors. In addition to radio battery and balancing jacks, the Onyx 235 also includes a USB jack for charging cell phones, music players and other accessories at the track, plus a mini USB jack for downloading firmware. Detachable AC and DC power cords, a backlit LCD visible under all lighting conditions and a 5-year warranty round out its impressive performance options and protection.
Features special-purpose jacks for added versatility:
- Universal radio jack (for charging radio packs)
- Balancing jack (for lithium-based packs)
- USB jack (for charging cell phones, MP3 players and other small electronics)
- Mini USB jack (for downloading firmware updates)
|AC input:||110V 60Hz-240V 50Hz, (50W max)|
|Battery types:||1-10 NiCd or NiMH (1.2-12.0V) 1-4 LiPo, LiIon or LiFe (3.7-14.8V)|
|Battery capacity range:||50-9900mAh|
|Fast charge current:||0.1-8.0A, adjustable (4C limit for lithiums; 5A limit w/AC input)|
|Fast charge termination:||Peak detection (NiCd/MH cells) cc/cv (lithium cells)|
|Fast charge safety timer:||off-300 minutes|
|NiCd/MH peak sensitivity:||3-20mV, adjustable|
|NiCd/MH trickle current:||1/20 fast charge setting (auto) or 0-250 mA (manual)|
|Lithium balancing accuracy:||5mV per cell|
|Lithium balancing adapters (2):||ElectriFly & FlightPower/Thunder Power|
|Controls:||4 push buttons|
|Display type:||2x8 reversed, backlit LCD|
|Data displayed:||input, output and peak voltage (packs), balancing voltages (cells) & charge current, capacity and time.|
|Setup tones:||on / off|
|Output connections*:||banana jacks; balancing jack; universal jack (for radio packs); USB jack (for cell phones & music players); mini USB jack (for firmware downloads)|
|Output adapters (3):||banana plugs to: standard, Traxxas High-Current & Deans Ultra Plug|
|Protective Devices:||solid-state reverse polarity and current overload|
|Case Size:||6.3 x 5.3 x 1.7 in (160 x 134 x 43 mm)|
|Weight:||19.7 oz (559 g, w/DC cord attached)|
DTXC2223 Charge Lead — Banana Plugs/Vendetta, Mini Q
DTXC2225 Charge Lead — Banana Plugs/4 mm Bullet Plugs
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.